Australia Work Visa

aus work

Australia Work Visa

If you want to live and work, study or start a business in Australia the first thing you need to do is find and apply for the right visa. This is often easier said then done! We have summarized the visa process to help you with understanding which visa is most suitable for you.


Working in Australia 
Most people migrating to work in Australia will either be sponsored by an employer, or will apply independently for permanent residency through the General Skilled Migration Program.

Employer sponsored visas
The most commonly used employer sponsored visa is the “457”. Named after its subclass number, this temporary visa is used by Australian employers to fill positions when they can’t find anyone in the local labour market.
To be granted this visa you need to secure a job with an Australian employer. The employer will handle the application process with DIBP where they’ll need to prove that your skills can’t be sourced from within Australia.
There are a number of other requirements worth bearing in mind, including: that your skills, qualifications, experience and employment history match those required for the position; that you have English language ability; you are eligible for any relevant licences or registration required for the role; and that you have private health insurance.

You can work in Australia for a period of between one day and four years on this visa and you can bring any eligible secondary applicants with you to Australia (secondary applicants can work and study). Your right to stay and work in Australia depends on your employer continuing to sponsor you. If you want to change jobs, your new employer must apply to DIBP and be accepted to sponsor you.

There are plenty of ways to find an employer to sponsor you. Many employers will proactively seek candidates at overseas migration expos, like the Working Abroad show. It is worth finding out what employers from your industry will be attending these events and going to meet them in person. Meeting someone in person will always increase your chance of being offered a job.
Employers will also advertise on job search websites and through recruiters. Finally, a lot of jobs in Australia are not advertised, but are filled through personal and professional contacts.

Other employer sponsored visas
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) is for employers looking to sponsor highly skilled workers to fill skilled vacancies in their business. This is a permanent resident visa. The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) is designed to encourage migration to regional areas within Australia. This visa enables employers in regional areas to nominate highly skilled workers to fill skilled vacancies in their business. This is also a permanent resident visa.

Working holiday visa
If you are aged 18–30 it might be worth considering an Australian Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417). It’s a great visa for young people to check Australia out and get an idea of whether you would like to move back more permanently in the future. With this visa you can work in Australia for up to 12 months (you can only work for up to six months with one employer).
If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, which you can get by working in a designated regional or rural area, you may return to work for a further six months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa.

Call the visa expert at Maple Fly on contact no. 011- 43511747 or inclusive immigration support or fill the free assessment form to get a call from expert with assessment of your profile.

MapleFly Whatsapp
Enquiry Form
close slider

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Mobile No.

Your Message