Get high score through the popular Comprehensive Ranking System for Canada immigration, if you are serious about becoming a permanent resident in this wonderful and nature-blessed country!It’s an open secret that the Maple Leaf Country has a high respect for skilled professionals, especially those who can further power its already flourishing economy, and make it one of the topmost in the world. So, with this goal in mind, it rolls-out a red-carpet welcome to such people in large numbers, under different skilled visa categories temporary and permanent.Since there is no death of such interested skilled professionals, Ottawa and the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) run an online Points Based Immigration System, called Canada Express Entry Program.
Express Entry program:
It’s a speedy and path-breaking immigration program crafted for those keen to move as an economic candidate. Express Entry is centered on three visa programs the Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP), the Federal Trades Workers Program (FTWP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Some visa streams of the different Provincial Nominee Programs are also aligned with Express Entry.
How to migrate through Express Entry?
To move through the corridor of Express Entry , you have to first create your Express Entry profile and share all the details sought by the IRCC. You will get some points out of the total available 100 points. If you get at least 67 points, your profile will become qualified to compete against other profiles. Afterwards, the IRCC will review all the profiles submitted under CRS even as you will get a CRS Score on the basis of some core and additional factors. A total of 1200 points are available under the core and additional factors.
Later, the IRCC will carry-out its EE draws roughly after every fortnight and send Invitations to Apply (ITA) to the highest scoring candidates. There will be a cut-off, and if your score is above it, you will have a good chance of getting an ITA to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) in the country, and become a proud Canada Permanent Resident.
What is Comprehensive Ranking System?
It’s a points based immigration system managed by the IRCC for the EE Program, to choose the finest and the most appropriate skilled candidates for Canada immigration, on the basis of their educational & professional qualifications and some other parameters.
How CRS Works?
After your profile becomes eligible to compete, you will get a score on the basis of these factors:
- English Language Skills
- Work Experience
As mentioned earlier, a total of 1200 CRS points are obtainable under the different core/human capital and additional factors. While 600 CRS points are obtainable for the core factors, an equal figure of points are to be had for the additional factors.
- Core/Human Capital Factors 460 (with spouse)
500 (minus partner or spouse)
- Spouse or Common-Law Factors 40
- Skill Transfer-ability Factors 100
- Additional Points 600
- A nomination from any of the provinces or territories
- An offer of arranged employment
- Study experience gained in Canada
- A sibling in the nation and/or
- French language skills.
Maximum Points 1200
Check Your Chances!
You can find out how good or bad your chances are beforehand, by using the freely available Canada PR Points Calculator. This tool will review your skills, experience and qualifications and Canadian links and give you a score.
If it’s above 475 CRS points, you have high chance of getting an ITA. But if your score is below that, it means you have a great deal of ground to cover and work on your skills and qualifications, to earn more points.
How to Improve CRS Score?
- Learn French: Since French is the second official language of the Maple Leaf Country, you will improve your chances if you learn it.
- Get a higher education degree: Ottawa and the IRCC prefer those who have high educational qualifications and give such applicants some additional points. A person with a PhD or a Master’s Degree will get more points than a candidate with just a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Seek and get provincial nomination: It will make your CRS score better by an extra 600 points.
- Seek and get a work offer from a Canadian recruiter: It will boost your total by 200 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System.
- Become more experienced: If you have some more years of skilled experience then also your CRS score will become better, and so will be your chances of becoming a resident in this highly developed and cosmopolitan overseas hotspot.
- Get Canadian work experience: You or your spouse or common-law partner will be entitled for 70 points for this. If you have no spouse or partner, you will be entitled for 80 points.